If you have a truck, you know how important it is to keep your lug wrench on hand. A good lug wrench can make all the difference when changing a tire, especially if you are in the middle of nowhere and don’t have access to any other tools.
However, with so many different lug wrenches on the market, it can take time to determine which one is best for your vehicle. The first thing you should do before purchasing a new lug wrench is measure the size of your wheel lugs. This will help you determine what size of wrench will work best for your vehicle and allow you to purchase one that fits without having to return it.
Some things need to be considered when looking for a new lug wrench, such as durability and materials used in construction. You want something that will last but will be relatively inexpensive too.
Introduction: What is a Lug Wrench?
A lug wrench is a type of wrench that is used to tighten and loosen the lug nuts on a car wheel. A lug wrench is one of the most common types of wrenches, and it can be found in almost any garage or toolbox. It is also known as a tire iron or tire spanner.
This type of wrench is made up of an L-shaped handle with a hexagonal socket at one end to fit over the head of the bolt, nut, or axle. The other end usually has a pin that fits into the slot in the center of the nut to hold it in place while turning.
Types of Lug Wrenches That You Can Buy
It is important to know the available types of lug wrenches. The most common types of lug wrenches are the standard type, the socket type, and the open-end type.
- The standard type is a wrench with a closed loop at one end and an open loop at the other. The closed loop is used to tighten or loosen nuts, while the open loop can be used for either tightening or loosening nuts. This type of wrench is usually made from steel and has a chrome finish that protects it from rusting.
- Socket types have a socket wrench with an opening on one side that fits over a nut or bolt head so it can be tightened or loosened. These come in various sizes for different-sized bolts and nuts.
- Open-end types have an opening at both ends which means they can be used for either tightening or loosening nuts and bolts.
As a rule of thumb, a breaker bar is used when the bolt head is large, and the nut or bolt has rounded corners. A torque wrench is used when rounding on the bolt head, and the nut or bolt is smaller. The torque wrench should be calibrated to help prevent over-tightening bolts that may cause breakage.
Why You Need A Lug Wrench To Start With
A lug wrench is a tool used on truck wheel nuts and bolts. It is mainly used to fasten and loosen the wheel nuts. The lug wrench has two ends. One end is a socket used to fasten and loosen the wheel nuts and bolts of trucks. The other end is a metal bar with a U-shaped opening that can be twisted to provide torque.
In this article, we will share with you some tips for Buying Lug Wrench
1. you must know the size of the lug nuts on your car before buying a wrench. The most common sizes are 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm.
2. You should always buy a lug wrench made of steel, not aluminum or plastic because they are less durable and can break easily.
3. Always buy a lug wrench from a reputable company like SARV because they have better quality products than other companies.